Whenever I travel, I always carry a few key items with me. These items are designed to make sure that I have all of what is necessary, in a small place, in order to be productive, while traveling or between connections. My “Go-Bag” is not unique, but it does have my requirements.
- IPhone: Yes, it is for communication, but it also has my GPS, music, and serves as a mobile entertainment source. I think of it like the “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy “but made for real-life situations.
- Laptop: Often when I am between connections, I like to work. The laptop gives me the chance to get serious work done and access my office from the cloud.
- Swiss-Army knife: you just never know what you will need, and the Boy Scout in me always wants to be prepared.
- Travel Towel: Every real traveler should know where his/her towel is.
- Spare cellphone: Yes, the iPhone makes and receives calls, but you never know when you will get in a situation where your phone will not work. The spare phone is on an alternative network and is prepaid. I’ve always found having one useful, and as it’s a dumb phone I don’t’ have to worry about a data connection.
However, that is just me. What is in your satchel? Also, as my satchel is large, I also have food with me.